Ireland / UK surf exchange > 2015
This is an international youth exchange programme for residents of THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND and the UK.
Organised by The Surf Project and The Wave Project | Promoted by Cross Culture Surf | Supported by The Causeway Fund
There are 15 places for Irish applicants and 15 places for UK applicants.
All applicants must be aged 14-19 between 13th August – 1st November 2015.
PHASE 1: Thursday 13th – Thursday 20th August 2015 in Rossnowlagh, Co. Donegal (Ireland)
PHASE 2: Saturday 24th October – Sunday 1st November 2015 in Cornwall (United Kingdom)
COST: Each participant must personally contribute €150 to take part in the exchange which you can fundraise for. Each Team (Irish team and British Team) must then commit to fundraising a team total of € 7,230. This will cover all expenses for both phases of the exchange.
The purposes of this exchange are to:
- build strong relationships between young people on the islands of Britain & Ireland
- encourage cultural awareness between Ireland and the UK in young people aged 14-19
- encourage learning through the sport and culture of surfing
- encourage youth engagement in sports and leisure activities
- empower youth to take responsibility for their own personal development & learning
- promote a healthy lifestyle through pysical activity and sport.
- promote cultural diversity, tolerance, understanding and inclusion
- eliminate stereotypes and prejudices between UK and Ireland
Closing date for applications: 4th July